April 25th, 2018
Ladies, join us beginning on Wednesday, March 14, 6:30 - 7:30pm, for REFIT® a group fitness experience that rocks your body, heart, and soul with powerful moves and positive music, to inspire you from the inside out. Our easy-to-follow formula is perfect for both beginners and fitness enthusiasts, with workouts designed for everybody and every body—regardless of age, shape, size or ability.
*Kathryn Rohrer will host the class and is a Certified REFIT® Instructor.
April 25th - May 2nd, 2018
Join us on Wednesdays, April 25 & May 2, 7-8:30pm, as Pastor Clancy leads us in a study of the thematic structures of the Bible. For example, Old Testament - New Testament structure, Bible genre, basic Bible study methods, and various interpretive clues like authorship, historical context, literary context, and people groups, as well as a full Bible timeline. Bring your Bible, a small notebook, and pen. Class notes will be provided. Register today!
Childcare will be available but is limited so sign up as soon as possible.
Women of the Lord May Luncheon
May 2nd, 2018
The Women of the Lord is a group of ladies-over-50 who like to talk, laugh, and pray for each other. On Wednesday, May 2, we’ll have a Lunch Scramble at noon at the church building. This fun luncheon will help us get better acquanted with each other! Each lady is asked to bring a salad, an entree or a dessert. Please RSVP to Betty Rupert or sign up here. Make sure to communicate what food you will be bringing.
GSM Fundraiser Fiesta
May 5th - May 6th, 2018
We’re having a Fundraiser Fiesta on Cinco de Mayo! Following each worship service on May 5 & 6, Grace Student Ministries will be selling taco bowls, served up by Pastor Tyler and our students, to help offset the cost of the Disaster Relief Mission Trip in June and Momentum Conference in July. Please plan to support our students by enjoying a picnic on the church lawn or taking some taco bowls home to eat with your family! More details coming soon!
May 9th - May 16th, 2018
If you’re newer to Marysville Grace, or have been around for a while but want to learn more about our church, plan to join us for this 2-session class on Wednesdays, May 9 & 16, 7-9pm. We’ll discuss why we believe it is so important that we Learn It, Live It and Give It, as well as how we carry out each of those steps. You’ll also learn more about what it means to be part of the Marysville Grace family and how you can connect.
Childcare will be available, but kids must be signed up in advance.
Register online today!
May 10th, 2018
Do you want to develop a closer relationship with the Father through prayer? In our newest class, Pursuing Prayer, we’ll take a look at prayer in the Bible and in the life of Jesus and explore questions about why and how we pray. You’ll also be given practical steps to assist you in your prayer life and relationship with Jesus. This class will be offered on Thursday, May 10, 7-9pm. Childcare will be available but is limited, so sign up as soon as possible!
Moms Encouraging Moms - May Meeting
May 11th, 2018
Join us on Friday, May 11th, 9:30-11am, for a great time of encouragement and fellowship for moms with kids of any age. Everyone is always welcome! We have lots to learn from each other as we GROW together!
Due to the large number of ladies who attend, childcare is limited to each moms own children. Please register your child(ren) so we can be well-staffed.
Please sign up to bring a food item here:
FOOD SIGN UP
In the case that Marysville Schools are delayed or cancelled, we will not meet for that month.
Merge Camp 2018
June 4th - June 9th, 2018
PARENTS, REGISTER YOUR KIDS TODAY TO ATTEND!
For kids who attended 3rd through 6th grade in the 2017-2018 school year.
Following Jesus is a life that is full of twists and turns, but also full of new and exciting moments of life changing experiences! We hope that YOU will join us as we explore the incredible next steps that you can take on this awesome journey this summer at Merge Camp Adventure Park!
It is our prayer that your student will walk away knowing Jesus better and buckling in to the ride of a lifetime!
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Monday, June 4 – Saturday, June 9
- Check-in is from 10:00-10:45am on June 4.
- Campers must be picked up between 10:00-10:30am on Saturday, June 9.
- If leaving before Saturday at 10:00am, please notify your Children's Director and bring a note to check-in on Monday, June 4, stating the date and time your camper will be leaving. Campers cannot be picked up after 9:00pm or before 8:00am.
- Transportation is not provided by Merge Camp. Please arrange to transport your child to and from camp, or contact your Children's Director if you would like to carpool.
Beulah Beach Camp
6101 West Lake Rd., Vermilion, OH 44089
Merge Camp rents the Beulah Beach facility. Please do NOT register on the Beulah Beach website. You may register by clicking the blue "Register" button on the right side of this webpage.
$275 per camper
- Lodging for 5 Nights
- All Meals
- Activity Fees
- Camp T-shirt
- $5 to spend at the Snak Shak
Does Not Include:
- Transportation to Camp
Registration deadline is May 13. To register, you must pay in full or pay a deposit of $100 with the balance due by May 13. Refunds are not available after May 13; however, you can transfer the registration to another child from your church. If you would like to pay the balance by check, please write it out to Marysville Grace (memo line: Merge Camp) and mail to Marysville Grace, Attn: Merge Camp, 315 W. 5th St., Marysville, OH 43040.
Merge Camp FAQ’s
What should my child bring to camp?
- Bible and pen
- Sleeping bag/sheets, pillow, and bath towel (Note: beds are either twin or double)
- Clothes for the week: Modestly styled t-shirts, shorts, pants, jacket and/or sweatshirt. Campers are not allowed to wear tank tops due to the risk of shoulders getting sunburned, even though sunscreen is applied.
- Toiletry Items (i.e., hairbrush, comb, deodorant, shampoo, body soap)
- Beach towel, modest swimsuit, cover up
- Tennis shoes, beach shoes, spare shoes
- Fan, as there is no air-conditioning in the campers' rooms
- All prescription drugs (must be original containers with the name of the doctor, name and phone number of pharmacy, and detailed instructions)
Campers may also want to bring: Sun Block, Blanket, Hangers, Sunglasses, Insect Repellent, Watch, Alarm Clock
Campers may NOT bring: Electronic Devices, Cell Phones, Candy, Food, Weapons, Drugs, Tobacco, or Money.
What will my camper be doing while at camp?
Our daily schedule looks something like this:
- Kids wake up around 7am
- Individual Devotions
- Morning Chapel
- Afternoon Activities (including paintball, archery, zip line, & crafts)
- Group Devotions
- Evening Chapel
- Main Event (fun group games)
- Kids are in bed around 9:30pm
How do I send mail to my camper?
Parents are welcome to send mail to their campers. It is important that letters and packages be mailed early during the week (probably by the Tuesday morning of camp) to ensure delivery. Please DO NOT mail money or large packages. Send mail to the following address ONLY during the week of camp:
Camper's Name, Merge Camp, c/o Beulah Beach, 6101 West Lake Rd., Vermilion, OH 44089
Please note that we cannot have food items in the dorm rooms to keep from attracting unwelcome critters. Any food/perishable items brought by or sent to campers will be kept by their counselor, then offered to the camper during snack or pool/lake time.
Can I visit my child or call them?
Parents are permitted to visit camp, but it is not encouraged. We also discourage parents from calling their children and children calling home. We find that campers get a lot more out of camp when they can be fully engaged with the excitement of the week. We are especially sensitive to campers who may be homesick, and we won’t hesitate to call home if it’s needed. If absolutely necessary, contact with your child may be made by calling your church group's leader or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there a nurse at camp? What about my child’s medical needs?
A licensed, professional nurse volunteer will be there to help make camp a safe, healthy environment and to ensure that campers’ basic medical needs are met. The camp nurse oversees the administration of all prescription and non-prescription medication. If your child has medical needs, including the need to take prescription drugs, please fully complete all medical information on the registration form and feel free to speak with the nurse when you arrive.
What do I do if my child has special needs?
Please contact your Children's Director for further information before registering for camp to ensure that we can provide the proper care for your child.
What do campers eat?
Beulah Beach Camp provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner for campers in the Lakefront Cafeteria. Meals are served buffet style and feature kid-friendly balanced meal choices. Lunch and dinner also include a salad bar. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are always available at mealtimes. Meals are planned and prepared by a full-time chef. If your child has special dietary needs, please note it on your child's registration form, or email email@example.com.
Who runs Merge Camp?
Merge Camp is a ministry of the Charis Fellowship of Churches. The leadership team is made up of Children’s Directors and volunteers from the following churches: Marysville Grace in Marysville, OH, Grace Church in Wooster, OH, Grace Community Church in Fremont, OH, and Grace Chapel in Minerva, OH. All staff is background checked, interviewed and are passionate about kids and the camp experience.
GSM Disaster Relief Mission Trip
June 10th - June 16th, 2018
On June 10-16, High Schoolers are invited to come alongside Next Step Ministries as they partner with a community rebuilding itself, from the ground up. Here's the story:
In 2012 Next Step Ministries began partnering with a small town in Rosedale, West Virginia. Over those years, many Rosedale friends and neighbors came into a deeper relationship with Christ, and some began a relationship with Him that they had never experienced before. While this process was taking place and Next Step Ministries was thanking God for letting them catch a glimpse of His plan, a deadly flood ravished much of the beautiful state of West Virginia. This massive flooding deeply affected 12 counties, killed 23 people, and devastated over 1,200 homes and families. It didn’t take long for Next Step to realize this was not going to be a simple recovery process. It was going to take time, and they wanted to help. The community of Clendenin is seeing the beauty in the ashes of tragedy, and are excited for change!
If you’d like to participate in this trip, please register today! Print and complete the Disaster Relief Trip Application you will receive in your confirmation email and return it to the church office no later than Thursday, March 1, to be considered for a spot on this mission trip. Trip cost will be +/- $300 per student.
Time Lab VBS Volunteers
June 25th - June 29th, 2018
Our 2018 Time Lab VBS will be here before we know it! Sign up here to lead some of our 300 Time Travelers!
Volunteers must have completed 7th grade. Please remember, you must have attended Marysville Grace for 6 months and have a current Children/Student Ministries application on file with us. If you don't, you may pick one up at the Registration Desk downstairs at any Worship Service.
Care for Infants/Toddlers and classes for ages 2 - Pre-K are provided for our VBS volunteers only! (Otherwise, VBS is for kids ages K-6th grade.)
Time Lab VBS
June 25th - June 29th, 2018
PARENTS, REGISTER YOUR KIDS TODAY TO ATTEND!
For kids who attended Kindergarten through 6th grade in the 2017-2018 school year.
Discovering Jesus from Eternity Past to Eternity Future!
Wouldn't it be amazing to travel back in time and witness epic events in history? Imagine the thrill of meeting great heroes of the faith like Abraham, Moses or Gideon. Or the fun of experiencing life in ancient cultures like Rome. Or the fascination of watching famous inventors make discoveries that change the world.
Now imagine traveling through time and meeting the most important man - a man who was not just a man but who was also God. One who turned the world upside down. One who existed outside of time.
We'll do just that as we embark on Time Lab VBS. We'll use words beginning with "C" to help us remember that Jesus, our forever faithful, loving, caring, promise-keeping Lord has been with us always!
Excitement will be running high from the first moment our time travelers arrive at Time Lab VBS. They'll start their day at the Atomic Assembly, a supercharged opening complete with entertaining welcomes, rockin' songs, a mission moment and prayer. Then we're off to four fun rotation sites:
- Simulation Station, the teaching time. Here, time travelers discover Jesus throughout all the pages of the Bible. And realize he's a joy and thrill to find.
- Bits and Bytes Snacks, the snack spot. Time travelers will enjoy having a byte of yummy brain food to eat!
- Quantum Leap Games, the recreation location. Time travelers realize every nanosecond counts as they race against time and encounter fun physical challenges and games from ancient (and not-so-ancient) time periods.
- Inventors' Crafts, the craft spot. This location features creative crafts to invent!
After finishing the day's rotations, everyone heads back to the Atomic Assembly for the closing that includes more singing, the Creature Feature, contest results, and the greatly anticipated daily drama, which is the highlight of the kids day. The drama features an inventor tinkering in his lab as he works on his most important invention - his time machine. Will he get it to work? Will it go back in time? Forward in time? Laughs abound and adventures await in this wacky and entertaining drama.
Time will sure fly while we're having fun! So head this way and get ready to launch into hyper drive as we take off for Time Lab VBS! Let's Go!
Time Lab FAQ’s
What ages are eligible to come to Vacation Bible School?
- All children who are currently in Kindergarten – 6th grade are eligible to come, so invite friends and neighbors to come!
Is anyone eligible to volunteer at VBS?
- We only allow teens and adults who have attended Marysville Grace at least 6 months to volunteer at our VBS. They also must have a completed Children’s Ministry application on file, which includes two reference checks and a background check.
Are Volunteers’ kids who are younger than Kindergarten eligible to come?
- Yes! We have full childcare for Infants and Toddlers of our VBS Volunteers. We also have a full VBS curriculum for our 2yr olds – PreK.
What should my child wear?
- Casual attire is best (shorts, t-shirts) with close-toed shoes (no flip flops, please; tennis shoes preferred). Your child will have a game time outside every day, and they will need to be comfortably dressed. Also, sometimes crafts can get a little messy, so wear something that you don’t mind getting dirty. Put Sunscreen on your child before dropping them off.
What should my child bring?
- As little as possible. They will be moving from room to room, and unnecessary stuff can get lost easily. What types of snacks will you serve? Check back in May for details!
How will my child’s food allergies be handled?
- Make sure you indicate any allergies on your child’s registration form. We have a daily snack and also provide Rice Chex as an alternative. If what we provide doesn’t work for your child, you are welcome to provide your own snack. Please give it to your child’s group leader at drop-off.
How do I know what group my child will be in?
- We usually finalize the groups on the weekend before VBS begins so when you check in your child, your child will have the group’s assignment next to his/her name.
Can my child be in a group with a friend?
- We try to honor requests for your child to be with their friends. All our games, crafts and lessons are geared towards specific ages, so if there is a large age gap between children (more than one grade) we would ask that your child stays in their age appropriate group.
What time should I bring my child?
- Come early on Monday since it’s the first day it takes a little longer to get checked in. Our opening session starts at 9:15am so make sure you arrive in time for them to get checked in and get your children to the Atomic Assembly for our opening. Your kids won’t want to miss it! We do ask that you walk your child into the building and drop them off at their group each day.
How do I pick up my child?
- Please park and come in to pick up your child(ren). We will ask you to show your security tag upon entry into the building.
Once you show your security tag to those at the Registration, you are allowed entry into the Atomic Assembly to pick up your child. Please remember your child’s group name and you are also required to sign out your child on the class roster.
If you forget or lose your child’s security tag, you will be asked to step aside and wait in the Gathering Area until most of the other children have left, then the Children’s Ministry Director will verify whether your child can be released to you.
What if someone other than me is picking up my child?
- Please let your child’s leader know at drop-off if someone other than you is picking up your child. Be sure to give your child’s security tag or send a picture of it to that person. If that person does not have your child’s security tag, he/she will be asked to step aside until you can be contacted.
Is there a cost?
- No, but we feature a missions project that we will be highlighting throughout the week. Feel free to give a donation for that project.
July 17th - July 22nd, 2018
High school students, join us for a week of sessions with amazing speakers and worship, sports, art classes and a variety of free time options, staying in the college dorms, ministry outreach, time with friends, meeting new people and the great opportunity to learn more and be challenged in going deeper in your faith in Jesus. Have incredible fun, be challenged, go deeper - be a part of Momentum 2018! Register today at www.buildmomentum.org.