June 9th - July 2nd, 2018
If recently, or sometime in the past, you have trusted your life to Jesus Christ and would like to make a public declaration of your commitment, we encourage you to sign up to be baptized. Our Outdoor Baptism & Ice Cream Social will be on Sunday, August 5, at 6:30pm.
Please register by July 2, complete the Baptism Application, and begin working on writing your faith story. We will be in touch to schedule an appointment with a pastor to discuss baptism more with you after we receive your application!
June 24th, 2018
An important Congregational Meeting is scheduled for Sunday, June 24, immediately following 2nd Service in the Sanctuary. Please plan to attend as we will be discussing and voting on the budget for the next fiscal year. Please pick up children from their classes before the meeting. Copies of the proposed budget are available on the counter in the Reception Area and on the welcome table by the main entry.
Time Lab VBS Volunteers
June 25th - June 29th, 2018
Our 2018 Time Lab VBS will be here before we know it! Sign up here to lead some of our 300 Time Travelers!
Volunteers must have completed 7th grade. Please remember, you must have attended Marysville Grace for 6 months and have a current Children/Student Ministries application on file with us. If you don't, you may pick one up at the Registration Desk downstairs at any Worship Service.
Care for Infants/Toddlers and classes for ages 2 - Pre-K are provided for our VBS volunteers only! (Otherwise, VBS is for kids ages K-6th grade.)
Time Lab VBS
June 25th - June 29th, 2018
PARENTS, REGISTER YOUR KIDS TODAY TO ATTEND!
For kids who attended Kindergarten through 6th grade in the 2017-2018 school year.
Discovering Jesus from Eternity Past to Eternity Future!
Wouldn't it be amazing to travel back in time and witness epic events in history? Imagine the thrill of meeting great heroes of the faith like Abraham, Moses or Gideon. Or the fun of experiencing life in ancient cultures like Rome. Or the fascination of watching famous inventors make discoveries that change the world.
Now imagine traveling through time and meeting the most important man - a man who was not just a man but who was also God. One who turned the world upside down. One who existed outside of time.
We'll do just that as we embark on Time Lab VBS. We'll use words beginning with "C" to help us remember that Jesus, our forever faithful, loving, caring, promise-keeping Lord has been with us always!
Excitement will be running high from the first moment our time travelers arrive at Time Lab VBS. They'll start their day at the Atomic Assembly, a supercharged opening complete with entertaining welcomes, rockin' songs, a mission moment and prayer. Then we're off to four fun rotation sites:
- Simulation Station, the teaching time. Here, time travelers discover Jesus throughout all the pages of the Bible. And realize he's a joy and thrill to find.
- Bits and Bytes Snacks, the snack spot. Time travelers will enjoy having a byte of yummy brain food to eat!
- Quantum Leap Games, the recreation location. Time travelers realize every nanosecond counts as they race against time and encounter fun physical challenges and games from ancient (and not-so-ancient) time periods.
- Inventors' Crafts, the craft spot. This location features creative crafts to invent!
After finishing the day's rotations, everyone heads back to the Atomic Assembly for the closing that includes more singing, the Creature Feature, contest results, and the greatly anticipated daily drama, which is the highlight of the kids day. The drama features an inventor tinkering in his lab as he works on his most important invention - his time machine. Will he get it to work? Will it go back in time? Forward in time? Laughs abound and adventures await in this wacky and entertaining drama.
Time will sure fly while we're having fun! So head this way and get ready to launch into hyper drive as we take off for Time Lab VBS! Let's Go!
Time Lab FAQ’s
What ages are eligible to come to Vacation Bible School?
- All children who are currently in Kindergarten – 6th grade are eligible to come, so invite friends and neighbors to come!
Is anyone eligible to volunteer at VBS?
- We only allow teens and adults who have attended Marysville Grace at least 6 months to volunteer at our VBS. They also must have a completed Children’s Ministry application on file, which includes two reference checks and a background check.
Are Volunteers’ kids who are younger than Kindergarten eligible to come?
- Yes! We have full childcare for Infants and Toddlers of our VBS Volunteers. We also have a full VBS curriculum for our 2yr olds – PreK.
What should my child wear?
- Casual attire is best (shorts, t-shirts) with close-toed shoes (no flip flops, please; tennis shoes preferred). Your child will have a game time outside every day, and they will need to be comfortably dressed. Also, sometimes crafts can get a little messy, so wear something that you don’t mind getting dirty. Put Sunscreen on your child before dropping them off.
What should my child bring?
- As little as possible. They will be moving from room to room, and unnecessary stuff can get lost easily.
What types of snacks will you serve?
Monday: Trinity Trio - three types of triangle-shaped tortilla chips—regular, blue corn, and Nacho Cheese flavored
Tuesday: Accidental Invention Story - Popsicles (assorted colors), Lays Stax potato chips
Wednesday - Christmas cookies, frosting, and sprinkles
Thursday: Mansion of Many Rooms - pretzels, fruit loops, Veggie Straws, and mini marshmallows
Friday: King's Crowns - vanilla ice cream cup and sprinkles
How will my child’s food allergies be handled?
- Make sure you indicate any allergies on your child’s registration form. We have a daily snack and also provide Rice Chex as an alternative. If what we provide doesn’t work for your child, you are welcome to provide your own snack. Please give it to your child’s group leader at drop-off.
How do I know what group my child will be in?
- We usually finalize the groups on the weekend before VBS begins so when you check in your child, your child will have the group’s assignment next to his/her name.
Can my child be in a group with a friend?
- We try to honor requests for your child to be with their friends. All our games, crafts and lessons are geared towards specific ages, so if there is a large age gap between children (more than one grade) we would ask that your child stays in their age appropriate group.
What time should I bring my child?
- Come early on Monday since it’s the first day it takes a little longer to get checked in. Our opening session starts at 9:15am so make sure you arrive in time for them to get checked in and get your children to the Atomic Assembly for our opening. Your kids won’t want to miss it! We do ask that you walk your child into the building and drop them off at their group each day.
How do I pick up my child?
- Please park and come in to pick up your child(ren). We will ask you to show your security tag upon entry into the building.
Once you show your security tag to those at the Registration, you are allowed entry into the Atomic Assembly to pick up your child. Please remember your child’s group name and you are also required to sign out your child on the class roster.
If you forget or lose your child’s security tag, you will be asked to step aside and wait in the Gathering Area until most of the other children have left, then the Children’s Ministry Director will verify whether your child can be released to you.
What if someone other than me is picking up my child?
- Please let your child’s leader know at drop-off if someone other than you is picking up your child. Be sure to give your child’s security tag or send a picture of it to that person. If that person does not have your child’s security tag, he/she will be asked to step aside until you can be contacted.
Is there a cost?
- No, but we feature a missions project that we will be highlighting throughout the week. Feel free to give a donation for that project.
Ladies July Connection Night
July 13th, 2018
Join us for our July Connection Night Friday, July 13, 7pm at the home of Morgan Guttenburg (when you register the confirmation email will contain her address). This is a great time to relax, catch up with friends, and meet new people. Deb Rausch will show us how to make homemade mozzarella cheese and afterwards we will play some games. Sign up today if you plan to attend!
Outdoor Family Communion
July 15th, 2018
Our Outdoor Family Communion will be Sunday, July 15. Plan to arrive at 6pm, and we’ll eat at 6:30pm. Join us as we remember our Lord’s sacrifice together through the love feast, bread & cup, and footwashing. Hotdogs and beverages will be provided. Please plan to bring your own seating as well as a finger food (chips, veggies, etc.) to share with others.
Childcare will not be provided since we’d like to have children observe, participate, and learn.
Please sign up today, so we can be prepared.
July 17th - July 22nd, 2018
High school students, join us for a week of sessions with amazing speakers and worship, sports, art classes and a variety of free time options, staying in the college dorms, ministry outreach, time with friends, meeting new people and the great opportunity to learn more and be challenged in going deeper in your faith in Jesus. Have incredible fun, be challenged, go deeper - be a part of Momentum 2018! Register today at www.buildmomentum.org.
Women of the Lord June Luncheon
August 1st, 2018
The Women of the Lord is a group of ladies-over-50 who like to talk, laugh, and pray for each other. At our next gathering on Wednesday, June 6, at noon, we’ll enjoy lunch together at the home of Mary Harrison, 1560 Carmel Dr., Marysville. We hope you can join us! Please bring a side, salad, or dessert to go with Mary's entree of choice. RSVP to Betty Rupert or sign up online today!
Baptism & Ice Cream Social
August 5th, 2018
Join us on, August 5, at 6:30pm as we celebrate those in our church family who are taking the next step in their faith journey by being baptized! We will hear their stories and enjoy some ice cream together afterward. Please bring an ice cream topping to share and seating (bag chairs, blankets) for your family.